Monday, July 19, 2004

gloriamaris in greenbelt 2

I had a really nice dinner at gloriamaris earlier this evening.
 
They still have their 3 treasure's promo so their crab is still at P350 per kilo. They were suggesting the crab in szechuan sauce but i asked for the salt and pepper crab thinking that it's less messy to eat. i still made lot of mess, though. The crab was perfectly cooked (no overcooked nor raw parts) and they put lots of toasted garlic on it (really yummy!). It was also a bit spicy but you can add more spice by dipping it in the sauce that had some mean-looking chilis in it. I chose to dip it in black vinegar.
 
I also got to taste the steamed lapu-lapu fillet in soy sauce. It was good but not spectacular. I like the fresh lapu-lapu better if it weren't for the hassle of having to de-bone it.
 
We also had mango sago for dessert - it was really good! The mango was sweet and creamy and the sago were soft. They also added finely shaved ice that felt like velvet on the palate. The combination of the taste and the texture was really awesome. I wanted to eat another bowl! (Sadly, I can't. While I'm not on a diet, I try not to be a glutton.)
 
The bill? It was a little over P1,000. The crab was small so it was only around P270. The fish fillet was P400! That was a surprise since the whole lapu-lapu was only P420.
 
At around P500 per person, the meal was a bit expensive but it was worth the price. I can't wait to go back and order my favorite - PEKING DUCK!!!
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home